The White Mountain Areas, which includes the town of Pinetop-Lakeside, is a premier destination year ’round for visitors from all over Arizona and the entire US. You’ll find the best accommodations, events, dining, and vacation activities beneath tall pines capped by brilliant blue skies.
- More than 200 miles of non-motorized, developed multi-use trails
- 60 miles of developed motorized trails
- Cool, comfortable summer weather
- Dark and clear skies
- Wildlife viewing everywhere
- Bird watching with more than 100 species
- 65 clear, clean, and cool lakes and streams for boating, kayaking, and fly and bait fishing
- Big and small game hunting
- Arizona is home to the highest number of champion-sized trees; many species are uniquely Arizonan.
- Largest Ponderosa pine forest in the world.
- Winter snow sports
Pinetop-Lakeside has more than 100 hotels, motels, cabins, townhomes, and other lodging for both short-term and long-term vacationers.
Our weather is ideal on for enjoying the outdoors all year long. Whether it’s hiking, biking, snow sports, water sports, or the myriad in between, Pinetop-Lakeside is activity central!
If you’re making a holiday dinner, forgot the wine, ran out of toothpaste, or need souvenirs of your stay, our local stores are stocked to the rafters with a wide selection of brands and products.
After a long day of activities, visit our local eateries to recharge or relax. In Pinetop-Lakeside we have sushi to barbecue and steak to pasta—all served in the beauty of the White Mountains.
Pinetop-Lakeside is known across the U.S.—and beyond—for its outdoor festivals. If you’re in to cars, music, or enjoying nature, our festivals offer something for everyone in the family.
If you’re looking for short family excursions during your vacation, check our events for local happenings such as wine tasting, walks, runs, hikes, bird watching, arts and crafts shows, and more.
With so much to do, it’s hard to remember it all. Bookmark the Pinetop-Lakeside calendar for a month-to-month display of special events and festivals.