Arizona’s Recreation Destination
Enjoy fun outdoor activities:
- 200+ miles of multi-use Trails for hiking, biking, nature walks
- 60 miles of developed motorized trails
- Cool, comfortable summer weather
- Dark, clear skies, away from city lights.
- Wildlife viewing everywhere
- Bird watching with more than 100 species, and wide open views
- 65 clear, clean, and cool lakes and streams for boating, kayaking, and fly and bait fishing
- Big and small game hunting
- Home to the highest number of champion-sized trees; many species are uniquely Arizonan.
- Largest Ponderosa pine forest in the world.
- Beautiful Golf Courses, public and private.
Pinetop-Lakeside’s beautiful days and starry nights are just a scenic drive away. Come visit us!
OCTOBER 13, 2018
White Mountains Hot Air Balloon Festival has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 13, 2018.
The balloon festival was postponed due to heavy thunderstorms caused by Tropical Storm Bud that moved through eastern Arizona. Lakeside received about an inch of rain from Friday evening throughout the day on Saturday.
Tickets purchased for the June 16th event will be honored for the October 13 reschedule date.